Health is a state of complete physical ,mental and social well-being and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity. Community medicine is prevention of disease and promotion of health by peoples participation.
The Laboratory hall of Department of Community Medicine JMMC & RI is well equipped with the following facilities:-
- Wide range of slides on Entomology, Parasitology, & Bacteriology.
- Instruments to conduct Public Health related experiments.
- Adequate number of fully functional simple and compound microscopes.
- Lab has capacity to accommodate 50 students
- Wide collection of Specimens on:-
Nutrition, Immunisation, Family Planning, Meteorology and Environment including model of water purification plant.
- Wide collection of Informative Charts on matters of Public Health importance including Statistics.
- Community Medicine Department has a large collection of books on various aspects of Public Health Including W H O Publications.
DEMONSTRATION HALLS (2 Nos)
- There are two Demonstration halls with a capacity of 50 students each and provided with all facilities of a SMART Class.
- Our Statistics wing is experienced in various statistical analyis including / concluding in Medical & Nursing research work using advanced software like SPSS, and EPIINFO etc.
HEALTH CENTERS (5 Nos)
- Following 5 Health Centeres are utilised for the purpose of Interns Training as a part of CRRI Program.
|Name & Location
||Distance from JMMC
|Nadathara Urban Health Centre, Nadathara.
|Mulayam Rural Field Training Centre, Mulayam.
|St. Antony's Mission Hospital , Pazhuvil
|Paduva Hospital, Puthanpeedika
|Mary Immaculate Mission Hospital, Engandiyur
PROGRAMS UNDER DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY MEDICINE
In addition to the routine academic teaching and training of undergraduate students, our department is undertaking the following activities:-
- Interns Training: including Presentation of Journals, Clinico Social Cases, Seminars and Research projects
- Community Field Health Survey for undergraduate students and their analysis and presentation.
- We are actively involved in medical camps conducted at various places along with other clinical departments.
- Department of Communitiy Medicine is taking a leading role in organising and conducting following special programms like:-
- Immunisation Camps
- Health Education Camps
- School Health Programmes
- Various Public Health Awareness Camps
- Blood Donation Camps